If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact BetterBackItUp.com’s Customer Support by email at CustomerService@BetterBackItUp.com or call 844-365-5874.
This policy may change from time to time. Please check this policy each time you use our web site in order to have the most current information on this topic.
In all circumstances, we take reasonable steps to: Give you, as a customer of BetterBackItUp.com or as a user of our web site, clear notice when we are requesting information from you, the types of information we request from you, the general purposes for which that information will be used or disclosed, the categories of users to whom we provide the information; Offer you the ability to opt out of such uses; Maintain accurate records and provide you access to your personally identifiable information; and Use safe and secure systems, physical and electronic, to safeguard your non-public personal information.
While registering on our site, we will ask you for the following types of information: contact information (such as name, address, phone number, and email address). This information is required in order to verify your identity, charge you the appropriate and agreed fees and fulfill our services on your behalf with the outside agencies with whom we must communicate to provide our service.
We may also ask you for certain third-party personal information such as your favorite color, where and when you last attended high school. We use this information to help verify your identity with us.
Why we collect non-public personal information:
As a customer of Better Back It Up, Inc. or as a user of our web site, we want you to know that we will only collect your non-public personal information for the following reasons:
- To enroll you as a customer or complete a transaction.
- To provide the services we have agreed to provide.
- To resolve a case of identity theft.
- To offer other marketing services that may be of interest to you.
In each of these circumstances, we will only collect and use the minimum information needed to accomplish the stated purpose. In many of these circumstances, our principal role is actually to facilitate a relationship in which you provide your information directly to a third party – for instance, to place a fraud alert with a credit reporting agency or to file a police report. In such cases, Better Back It Up, Inc. may not need to collect your information at all. At times we may be required by law or legal process to disclose your personal information. We will comply with any such law or legal process.
How we protect your non-public personal information
Better Back It Up, Inc.. uses highly secure physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the confidentiality and security of the data you provide to us.
- None of your non-public personal information will ever be disclosed by us to any third party or affiliate in ways other than disclosed in this privacy statement.
- Only authorized employees (or authorized agents) of Better Back It Up, Inc. will have access to the data that you provide to us, and that access is granted only on a “need to know” basis.
- In cases of identity theft crisis resolution, only the advocate working on the case and key administrative supervisors have access to your non-public personal information.
- All stored personal data is electronically encrypted.
- We will never transmit any personal data that you provide to us over the public Internet.
- Your documents, while in our care, will be treated as if they were cash. Once input into our data systems, all paper documents are destroyed, usually the same business day.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at CustomerService@BetterBackItUp.com. Likewise, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data, both on and off the Internet.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, or by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Better Back It Up, Inc. Customer Support
26500 West Agoura Ste. 877 Calabasas, CA 91302